Thursday, July 21, 2005

Push Through That Band of Rain

Tomorrow morning I'll be getting on a tiny company jet (my dad's company, Corning) to fly upstate NY to visit my parents. This'll be only the third time I've visited them at their own house since they've lived there (at least a few years now).

I'm a little nervous about the plane. I'm not wild about air travel, and doubly not-wild since 9/11. There's something about hearing the impact of a crashing plane in real time with your own ears that forever places something inside you akin to real fear.

Anyway, I intend to have fun with it, if I can. It'll be a tiny jet. I'll be the only person, I suspect, in the airways of New York to have Mike Oldfield's "Five Miles Out" playing in my head:

You're a prisoner of the dark sky, the propeller blades are still
The evil eye of the hurricane's coming in now for the kill

Escapee episode 13 is up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Now, now.

We (my wife and brother and I) had to wait on a list to see if we could even get on, because Corning employees obviously are priority on flights like this.

Did I mention I'm NOT thrilled about taking the "private plane"?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Travel safely.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home