Monday, May 23, 2005

Candlekeep

Over the weekend, the Sith did, in fact, have their revenge. Who'd have thought? And it was good. With only a couple of cheesy moments, the movie was excellent.

I've been asked to do a couple of illustrations over at Candlekeep (a fan-created but Ed Greenwood-backed website) for the next volume of the Candlekeep Compendium. Basically, it's a netbook of Forgotten Realms lore. I figured, why not? The first volume has some decent artwork in it; I'll be hard-pressed to keep to the standard. I've been asked to draw, of all things, two NPCs and one fruit. Umm, yeah.

I've known for a long time that although I enjoy drawing, I have to leave that interest in the dust when it comes to writing. I never did take an art class, and although I used to want to, drawing just can't compete with my need to write. I'll still enjoy the occasional sketch, though. I don't think I could ever abandon it altogether. Every now and then I itch to do something like that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Hah! No, not mad. :)

By way of explanation, Alaundo said only: "I was informed your of artwork shown on Elfwood by Mumadar over at Candlekeep."

Ian....so Mumadar is you, eh?

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jw said...

Yet another alias sleuthing!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kameron said...

Saw SW3 myself over the weekend. Was very pleased. There were only a couple minor things that I kind of wrinkled my nose at, but in no way took away from the movie. What an ending/beginning to the saga.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Exactly, Kam. It had its moments of awkwardness, but by far the outcome is overwhelmingly positive in my book. Even I can nitpick, but the movie is still good.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

That's the awesome thing about disagreeing. You get to. :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

And it's that sort of thing (described by Ian) that I really, really like. I love coming up with an idea or finding something that makes me think of someone's talents or interests in particular. Like suggesting that Chris do interviews Paul Kemp and Richard Lee Byers to mark the publication of the final WotSQ novel. Like prompting Ed to talk to someone at Dragon about an article idea. Like alerting Jeff to the upcoming themed issue of Lenox Avenue for which a version of Escapee might work really, really well. It's like matchmaking, sort of. Just a little nudge... here's an opportunity.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home