Monday, July 04, 2005

Past A Mortal As Me

4:30 a.m. on July 4th. At work. The graveyard shift. That's where it's at, folks.

So I'm completely alone in the office, listening to the All Yes station on AOL radio, writing this entry, waiting for 8 o'clock so I can home, nap, and enjoy the holiday.

For those of you Order of the Stick fans, you might find this amusing. Rich Burlew does crayon OotS-style drawings for people at his convention appearances. My friends Ruth and Jess, the very talented ladies of the Five Wits, have befriended him (and will in fact will be helping him run his booth at GenCon) and recently gottem him to illustrate the player characters from my D&D campaign.

You can see them all here. On the off-off-off-chance that Rich ever find this page: Thanks, Rich! I've been hanging out at his site, Giant In the Playground, since nearly its beginning. As part of that crazy connectivity I keep finding throughout this world, my friend Richie Procopio (who helped me get my current job) was a former player and DM with Rich Burlew. Ruth: I think I will take one of those OotS books off your hands now!

And by the way: Those of you who have been sending me links to possible artwork gigs (small or large), please, send them along to Ruth. Her drawings kick the crap out of mine, and her work is way better than half of the illustrations you find in most gaming books. If you don't believe me, check out her Elfwood site. And that's the older stuff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Harley said...

Nods....that is so painfully COOL!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jw said...

I find it always amusing that having never played more than 1 hour of D&D, I "get" most of the jokes about it. I love Order of the Stick and even the more specific jokes amuse me. I wonder why I have that info in my brain!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home