Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Creation Myth of Áereth


A free 17-page preview has been posted over at Goodman Games for the Dungeon Crawl Classics boxed set. You can download it directly by clicking these words if you're so inclined. This is a pdf copy of the 1st chapter in the GM's Book of the set, which details the creation myth and ancient history of the world of Áereth.

This is one of the chapters that I wrote. Looking back on it, I think I'd have made some changes here and there but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. I had a lot of fun—and a little bit of stressing—coming up with a whole new pantheon, trying to stay consistant with the material from existing books, keeping to the generic tone of the DCC line, and yet trying to stay original.

The artwork is excellent, I might add. Thanks, Harley, for the shout out. And the cover art for the books within the set are really cool, too (as seen above). Good job, Jeremy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, in general, with any project like this one you will always be able to go back to it and find things you would have done differently. I know that I can't listen to any songs I've ever mixed without thinking, "I really should have done this..." But the truth is, at some point you have to decide you're done with a project and be happy with the work you did. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't take the lessons you learned from doing that one and apply them to future projects. Either way, I'm sure it's great, cause you're Jeff and you rock. That's right....you're a rock star. :)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Harley said...

Jeff,

I've been re-reading all our "old" material, and I'm really pleased. It came out much better than I remembered.

//H

12:27 PM  
Blogger Harley said...

And yes, Jeff is a rock star.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kameron said...

I haven't had a chance to touch the boxed set since GenCon because of my hectic schedule, but one of the things on my to-do list is review the pantheon before the weekend is over

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home