Tuesday, July 25, 2006

GenCon: Gamers and Kobolds



Most excellent. I'm rather glad that the first book in print with my name on the cover will be light grey (or is that very light violet?)—not yellow.

So GenCon draws near. Lots to be excited about therein, too (as even a casual hop over on various other gamer weblogs will show you), including:


  • Watching Harley run a game session.
  • Watching someone who's not me run an adventure I wrote.
  • Do a signing for the DCC world boxed set. A signing. Weird.
  • Meeting a whole bunch of people whose names I've looked at for quite a long time, including new novelists, but have never seen.
  • And maybe, just once, I'll get to play in a game as a player.
This means the only thing I'm not looking forward to is the Indiana heat. Although New York isn't much better, so I really can't complain. By the way, what's up with the GenCon passes not coming with little plastic sleeves and strings this year? Or am I the only one without?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the Bone Dragon? He almost looks TOO happy. :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Bone dragon? Huh? Do you mean the stony kobold?

5:56 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

I figure that they'll have something on sale and expect us to purchase it when we get there - for a "reasonable" price, of course. Congrats, Jeff! Can't wait to see you and Marisa!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm glad it's not yellow!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jw said...

Are you serious? No plastic SLEEVE?

That's an effing travesty right there.

I agree, the book looks better in white, and all in all looks pretty awesome. I like that contented kobold.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Here's a link to the larger pic: http://www.goodman-games.com/images/DCC31-0.jpg

I like that kobold. He looks like he's just enjoying the ride, not really being malicious against the adventurers.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Kind of a non sequitor, but I have to say it somehow, somewhere.... Even though we don't have the nifty plastic thingies, I am so looking forward to GenCon. I'm hoping that by then I'll be over this miserable upper respiratory infection that's been making me an extremely miserable person. It'll be novel to play games for a change (instead of attending writing seminars). And on Saturday I get to share the event with my sister-in-law and nephew (whose birthday is today & his GenCon badge is one of his presents)! How odd... my nephew's initials are JW, just like our very own jw. *heh* (OK, let's just say the rambling is due to the leftover prescription cough syrup in my system, please...)

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Kobold? He looks like a dragon to me. Oh well...what do I know? I haven't played D&D in FAR too long....

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home