Wednesday, July 26, 2006

GenCon Signings



If anyone wanted to assassinate me for any reason, here is the best way to find out where and when I'll be, at least for a block of two hours on August 10th. Because Goodman Games has posted the official "signing" schedule right here. Check it out. There's a handful of folks on that schedule I can't wait to meet.

And look, crazy Mr. Stroh is on there four times! He'll be easy to spot. Look for a vaguely humanoid-shaped blur. He'll come into clear focus, though, if you can get him to talk to you. Which is actually quite easy to do.

Signing. I think it's too early in my part-time writing career to give any real opinion on it. I'm intrigued at the notion, flattered by the invitation to do it, and astounded that my signature would ever really be wanted. Then again, I certainly have attended signings over the years—namely, R.A. Salvatore (several times), Geddy Lee, Sarah McLachlan, Maire Brennan, and a few other scattered authors. I guess since I don't consider myself to be in the caliber, or the shadow, of these big names. But truth be told, I'm happy just to have a copy of a book with both Ed Gentry's and Harley Stroh's signature in it. And they're my friends more than they are authors to me.

Well, it's all very interesting. Here's to happy kobolds and good friends!

Incidentally, a new Escapee has just been posted. Episode 47.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jw said...

EXACTLY.

And that's why I'm bringing my copy of Goblin Tails.

For sweet signatures of up-and-coming authors.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home