Monday, August 14, 2006

GenCon 2006: The Fastest Four Days in Gaming


I have only one regret about this year's GenCon. I didn't join in a single RPG gaming session, a calamity I intend to remedy next year with a little bit of planning. I did, however, purchase and play Zombies!!! a couple times (Jess and Marisa won those games, escaping via helecopter as the rest of us became zombie food).

And that's that, because the rest of the GenCon was excellent. I got to hang out with people who I've previously known only via email (notably Jeremy Simmons, the meritorious cartographer for the Dungeon Crawl Classics line—among other things), do a signing at Goodman Games and snagging some more books.

Also did some networking, some of which was entirely accidental. More about that another day. If anyone is interested in seeing some GenCon photos, say so!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jw said...

SO!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Kameron said...

There was room at our table Saturday evening. Was great to meet you, Jeff, though you someone how managed to avoid signing my copies of DCC #31 & 35. :P

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Right you are, Kam!

And I'm sorry about both points. GenCon went far too fast, and I found that wanting to spend time with a bunch of people made it hard for me to singly commit to something (like a gaming session) by myself. What I WANT is one big huge gaming session with all my friends and all the people I wanted to meet at once so no one's left out. But that would be a game mechanic nightmare and is ultimately rather selfish.

Sheesh.

I hope you enjoy DCC 35, Kam, and I thank you for making the purchase. We don't get commissions on that, but it means much more because you were willing to spend that much on faith.

If you have any questions about any of the material in that boxed set, fire away to me by email. I can even point out the mistakes. :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Post some pictures! We want details, man, details! ;)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos please!
~Sue K

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home