Monday, June 26, 2006

Progress Has No Patience

On many fronts, I have a reason to be anxious, not the least of which is surgery that my mother-in-law will undergo tomorrow, whose outcome affects the development of the rest of this summer. In itself, no matter how tiny or large it is, surgery is a scary thing. For those of you thus inclined, a small prayer would be most appreciated.

Let's talk about this sensibly
We're not insensitive
I know progress has no patience
But something's got to give

Certitude is nearly upon me, absolution in one form or another. I have never known the price of patience until the last few months, but soon I shall know its results.

Given my profusion of taut nerves this week, and the sheer amount of goings-on, Escapee will be taking a break until next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harley said...

You know my thoughts are with you on both of these, Jeff.

//H

6:30 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

How'd things go with the surgery? Hope all else is OK. Big hugs to Marisa.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home