Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Fabulous secrets were revealed to me....

Christmas was alternatingly fun and chaotic. Let's see...what transpired since my last post?

Marisa and I fed, sheltered, and otherwise cared for—and came very close to keeping—a stray kitten. For a couple of weeks, we faced the tough choice of either (a) prolonging its life by feeding it each night and giving it shelter (in the form of a clothing-padded plastic crate) or (b) letting it fend for itself as most strays do, where they will either die off (either of the winter cold or starvation) or proliferate and make all new kittens who'd face the same fate. But thankfully, our friend Kate eventually found a no-kill shelter to take it after searching for a while. It's a good feeling defying natural selection now and again. It's strange, though; I'm much more of a dog person. But this kitty charmed me. Stupid cat.

I am now in possession of the comprehensive He-Man first season. This is good stuff, folks, and I'm proud to say this helped set me firmly on the path to fantasy. And sci-fi. By the way, He-Man episodes with Spanish dubbing are hilarious. "Yo soy He-Man!" And there's even special lyrics to the main theme song in Spanish.

I got Marisa an iPod Shuffle, so I'm only now actually figuring out this whole iTunes thing. Despite the fact that my dayjob is with a Web-based application that services thousands with massive electronic storage, I'm usually a step or two behind everyone when it comes to technology. But mostly that's about money. I'm not the kind of person willing to purchase some new device as soon as it comes out.

As usual, I've been busy beyond belief, and now I'm officially behind on a couple of small deadlines. It hovers over me like a bruised and sullen stormcloud. I hope to rectify this in the coming weeks. I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but if I had one, it would be this: absolutely will I only work on a single project at a time. No overlap whatsoever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home