Friday, May 13, 2005

Short-term Writing Goals

I haven't yet gotten into a lifestyle yet that allows me to adopt the vigorous writing routines that a lot of my writer friends have. In a given month, I can't crank out all that much. So I'm going to name my goals for only the next few months:

- Continue my own story. I've only just begun Chapter 3 in what will probably pan out to be 12 chapter book. It's hard to say. I've got more backstory and cosmology on my world than I do the actual present story.

- Study Eberron. Try to get a better grasp of the pulp-noir feel they're always talking about, maybe find and read a book or two that exemplifies this, such as The Maltese Falcon.

- Begin working on some Eberron writing. Perhaps a synopsis or two (be it short story or full-length novel) so I can throw some ideas at Wizards of the Coast. It's probably best if I do this rather than passively wait until a "closed call" comes up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kameron said...

Yes, be proactive. Keep your name on their lips.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what Kam said! They've opened the door a bit, now kick it down!

(Without being too obnoxious of course.) ;)

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home