Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Busy streets and Dizzy Heights

The last, oh, seven years of my life have been too idle. I experienced a lot, fell in love, went to cool concerts, dabbled in some art and writing, started up a D&D game....but there was also a great deal of free time spent unwisely. I feel that now. Hell, I felt that then. Although I'm in a good place now, I still find myself considering time more precious than ever. And I regret wasting so much time.

Having turned in my Goodman Games work (though revisions are pending), I'm floating free for a moment. As much as I love having a project, I think I also love being between projects, too. It's weird like that. "Free time" isn't as enjoyable when you've got a lot of it; but when you're normally working on some kind of deadline or any kind of time-consuming endeavor, when you do get free time, it's glorious.

Mentally, I'm falling back onto my old story, the one that I love the most. The City of Clocks, the Inquisitors, and all that. It's sort of a background thing right now, but it's on my mind a lot. What I'm thinking about when I'm not thinking about anything else.

At last I may have the time to get to our wedding Thank You cards. Sure, they're obligatory, but I'm grateful to many people for coming that I genuinely want to send them. There are a handful of people who are frowning at the delay (incured by events we could not control), but they'll just have to wait a little longer.

But this is all just surface stuff. Life at home with Marisa has been assiduous. Busy, happy, more than a little distressed now and then, as neither she nor I have been feeling up to par health-wise. But whatever, we're working on it. After the setbacks of the last six months, we're still not fully settled and unpacked in our apartment. I ordered an 800-CD swiveling tower and we bought some wood for a couple of shelf units her dad's going to make for us to hold a small chunk of our many books. Funny how organizing your living space can improve your productivity and sense of accomplishment. I hope it does.

Too many hands on my time
Too many feelings
Too many things on my mind

2 Comments:

Blogger Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

You never really unpack everything...I've moved nine times in as many years, and I still have boxes from the first move that I've yet to unpack. Of course, I'll be moving again in six months, when the house is finished...maybe *then* I'll finally unpack every box...but I doubt it! ;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

The Goodman Games thing was a small start for me. Two mini-adventures (not full modules) in a collection of other mini-modules. Harley's got 2 in there, too. But then he's also got a full-blown module.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home