Tuesday, November 16, 2004

16 Days Later

And I'm still wildly giddy about my life right now. Sure, there's some things that could be better about certain life circumstances. But I love having this little home now, together with mi esposa. Until my work shift changes—something that's been pushed off again and again—I won't see much of Marisa now except on weekends. When I come home, she's sleeping. When she wakes up, I'm sleeping, with only those all too brief passing moments.

But I'm happy. There's so much work ahead for me and I'll only do what I can handle. Just having something to do is thrilling, though.

And I've got many great friends, near and far. I owe all these things to God. I will try my best not to make anyone who might read this weblog uncomfortable with preachy-seeming words, but I'll not deny for a second that I believe this life and all that comes with it is no simple roll of the bones. Sorry, Neil. I don't really buy it.

Word of the Day

My brother, in his own small way, is an insuppressible gadabout. See?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jw said...

Rolling Bones.

There's quite a difference between "Preaching" and expressing a belief, and I'm sure you know this- and I would hope that anyone you were concerned about possibly making uncomfortable would understand this at well.

Though, I must say- I've read several religious/afterlife/fate related journal entries from various people in the past week, and my main comment to stuff of that nature reiterates a difference between preeching and expression:

"Um... what does it matter?"

It sounds harsh, but it means- what does it matter what someone believes in, as long as what they believe makes them happy, or kind, etc? If you believe that dead people sit on clouds and look down on the really boring reality show of Earth- fine! If you believe that death would provide your sould with either a chance to be recycled or become an astral traveller of sorts (Yes Rules!)- fine! If you consider earthly life to be the only life, and that your rotten corpse is nothing more- fine!

I feel that anyone can believe these things and have no problem with anyone worshiping one thing, all things, or nothing, as long as they don't demand that others believe this too.

And, though I have met many in all levels of the spectrum that DO try to sway, convert, prod, "save", reason with, stab, or burn people that don't believe what they do, I know this is not truly the case with you.

So, yeah, say what you feel, that's what makes you You. Just as long as your not known as "That guy who won't let up on people with different beliefs". Because THAT guy's a jerk!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Understood, Josh. I'm not the guy who won't let up on people with different beliefs. As long as you believe, as I do, that the earth is really pyramidal in shape and that it's strapped to the back of a gargantuan, Jupiter-sized cosmic armadillo.

But, I mean, that's a given, right? :)

All praise the Almighty Dasypus Bellus!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jw said...

It's a tetrohedron, dammit! You heathens are going to pay when the armadillo curls up into a ball, as prophecized in the book of Tim, Chapter 17: Rolly Polly Apocolypse!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home