Friday, October 29, 2004

Reaching for the Alien Shore

This weekend is quite a culmination for me, what with the marriage and all. When I return in about a week’s time, I expect life to be very much different, and yet very much the same. It’s about making real what’s always been just beneath the surface, and it’s about escape.

I shall be roaming New England with Marisa in a rental car. It’s one of those journeys where the destination is completely irrelevant. Along the way I hope to see, hear, and experience all kinds of fun things—but not too much; we just want escape, solitude, time away from the big city. I'll find out if New England's clam chowder is as good as it's supposed to be. I hope it’s cold, I hope it's quiet, and I hope there's some nice curvy roads tucked in amidst all those trees. And I hope at least a few of those trees have held onto some leaves for us. If not, it's all good.

God bless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Harley said...

Thank you for a magical evening and the chance to meet you, your families, and your friends.

The phrase is said all too often, but this time it rings with truth:

It was an evening that none of us shall soon forget.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kameron said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds and enjoy your escape. I have fond childhood memories of camping in New England in the Fall.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Congratulations, Jeff. Everything made for a lovely weekend - Dan's tour of a misty West Point on Saturday evening, hanging out with you all while we talked and watched the evolution of your brother's mask, the sunshine-filled view at Trophy Point on Sunday, the beautiful wedding ceremony in Cadet Chapel, and the spirited masquerade reception... Marisa is delightful. May you be blessed.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home