Thursday, December 14, 2006

What's Black and Red and Fun to Read?

Until yesterday I was excited about getting the Monograph book thingy of Josh's design. But now that I have it, I'm what I believe dignified philologists call stoked. This thing is really top quality, the perfect size*, and as you can see in the image above, looks good under a Christmas tree.

*It's not as small as a mass market, not as cumbersome as a hardcover novel. It's like a handbook or something. And completely filled with nonsensical and yet well-orchestrated creativity. I'm not really as much a visual art enthusiast as I once fancied myself, but I really dig the art in this book.

More than anything, it makes me wish I had a lot of money so I could buy a copy for just about everybody I know and like. But I can't. So all I can do is say that if you're willing to pick this thing up, you won't regret it. Plus my brother's "bio" section had me actually LOLing (which doesn't happen as often as LOL is used).

To Josh: This book came out great, better than I expected. Kudos to Josh for pulling this thing off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Just ordered my copy ... looking forward to reading it!

I'll post my thoughts on my blog when I get it and make my way through it ... though I already don't see how it won't be anything but a shameless, positive plug, based on my opinions of the writers. :)

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, double-check and make sure that your order went through- I didn't receive it! Email me with any questions.

Jw (monograph@sidedown.com)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home