Friday, November 17, 2006

The Fourth Dimension Is Crossed


1 - Monograph update: if any of you really don't know what to make of this strange book that keeps getting mentioned, a more concise explanation can be found here, along with a description of all its contributors. Thanks for that, Josh!

2 - Can I just say, as much work as it is, I'm such a sucker for setting consistency. It's been fun contacting—perhaps some would say pestering—various Eberron authors and Wizards of the Coast employees (mostly my editor) on various points. Like most writers, I've long since harbored my own world ideas, but for now, I'm having a blast playing around in a pre-existing setting. Eberron really has grown on me.

3 - On the Goodman Games front, I've committed myself to another project. What's wrong with me? It's not like I'm swimming in free time. I'm really not. The dayjob has been rough lately and there's always much to do at home. But somehow I'm doing this anyway.

Joseph Goodman was nice enough to pass along this along from a GM (gamemaster) who posted on a public forum, regarding my module, DCC #31:

"I volunteered at my local game store to run an event for InternationalD&D Game Day (Nov. 4). This is what I put together: It's a simplified dungeon for Dungeon Crawl Classics: The Transmuter'sLast Touch made from Castlemolds. I had to shorten a lot of the hallways to get it to fit on the table, and a lot of the pieces don'thave finishing touches (a lot of hallways are missing walls even), but the players seemed to really enjoy it. Thanks to Goodman Games for an adventure that I think turned some newplayers on to D&D!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

That is so cool! A model of your dungeon! You must be stoked!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say count it as a blessing that you are getting offered more work doing the things you really love doing. Maybe, some day, THAT will be your day job. :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Thanks for continually saying so, Darren! But this particular industry isn't conducive to dayjobs. :)

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never know...

1:57 AM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Oh yeah, definitely. Most guys dream about having the ultimate entertainment system set up in their basement. I want the ultimate gaming room. Big table, comfy chairs, and a kick-ass dungeon-building set.

10:30 AM  
Blogger brokencattletruck said...

For me the basement dream has always been a diarama of some European countryside and a bunch of articulated radio control WWII tanks that shoot... I guess that would require some sort of screan around the comfy chairs :)

Your DD model sounds really cool... what is it about miniature things that captures our imagination?

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home