Friday, December 08, 2006

Endings


Nothing compliments a cold December day (the only kind I like) like hardcore Mayan action-adventure! Even since I started researching for my work in the DCC world gazetteer, I've been interested in Mesoamerican cultures and myths. I got to invent some new fantasy cultures based on the Aztecs, Mayanss, Incas, etc. So Apocalypto is really right up my alley, which I shall be seeing tonight.

And all the stuff on the news right now about Mel Gibson? Come on. People really need to pay attention to their own lives.

Edit: The movie was excellent. If you can stomach a bit more violence and gore than most movies, it's well worth seeing. Especial on a big, big screen. Note: try not to sit too close; I myself didn't have a choice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I've been itching to see this one ever since it got announced - which was a year ago, maybe more. Mel might be nuts, but he's a genius when it comes to this sort of thing. It's be interesting to actually see a "period piece" of Mesoamerican culture on screen.

I'm also dying to see "300". Apart from featuring one of my favorite historical events ever - the Battle of Thermopylae - it just looks wicked cool. :)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home