Wednesday, December 29, 2004

At the Closing of the Year

I can honestly say that 2004 has been the most tumultuous year of my life. I changed jobs, moved, got married, and dealt with many crises and stressful events. But then, we all do.

But truthfully, the last thing I want to talk about is myself. The events of faraway take center stage now, a tragedy worth being depressed about. It's far more disastrous, possibly more horrific, than 9/11...and it's just a fluke of nature, a casualty of existence that struck indiscriminately. Though life isn't a chance, living is. And having it swept away or not is a roll of the bones. I've never said otherwise, despite my faith.

So I'm not going to look back much on this year and get introspective. It was a crazy year, and had a lot of fun and a lot of happiness even amidst the sadness and uncertainty. I won't even begin to speculate about 2005. We can only take what it is as it comes. More obvious words were never spoken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home