Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dark Echelon

All right, so. I've been DMing (Dungeon Mastering, refereeing, for the laymen) virtually non-stop since I discovered the D&D game when I was about 11, taking an unintentional hiatus in the hobby only during my shadow years.*

While I've always wanted to play (not referee) in a game or two, I never had the opportunity....but the truth is, I love running a game. I've been running a single tabletop D&D campaign (mixing Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft and even Planescape) for more than 7 years now, and it's had its ups and downs, laughs, and tears (really!), and I'd invested an unimaginable amount of time on it over the years. In fact, the game is still technically going...it's just that we (all six of us) have a very hard time meeting up anymore for a million and one reasons. Yet my need to create a story endures....

So. I'm selfishly throwing together for myself an upcoming play-by-post game set in the world of Eberron (I'm too invested now in this setting NOT to choose it!), in which I've gathered** together a cadre of Web-present friends who I'd never have otherwise been able to game with. Being a play-by-post game, it will play to what I hope is my strength (writing) and avoid what I know is my weakness (speaking).

This campaign is tentatively titled Dark Echelon. Now, I'm still in the middle of writing an Eberron book. In fact, as far as sheer wordcount goes, I'm just about exactly halfway. So as incentive to get it done, I won't be starting this Eberron game until I've made a substantial leap forward. I'm hoping to have Dark Echelon built into the upcoming new face ofAshlock.org so anyone who's curious can check it out. I even snagged me acouple other WotC authors for the game. Suckers!

* College.
** Some would say shanghaied.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Sounds like fun. Let the rest of us know how it goes!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Jw said...

I believe that you'll be able to see just how well it goes for yourself!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home