Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Like Frogger?

Josh says (see yesterday's comment) that this kind of down time is like Frogger, wherein one is biding one's time until the right moment comes, to leap forward onto that passing semi, the better to advance forward across the Street of Life.

Then again, defeatists might believe that life is like Freeway, where you're the chicken trying not to be hit by said semi and crossing the road unscathed is the best you can hope for. A more stoic philosophy lies with Pitfall, wherein the Gold Bar of Success lies on the other side of the pond, and you've got three hungry crocodiles vying for your blood—but there's still that conveniently swinging vine to offer succor from the snapping jaws of death.

In my case, my life is more like E.T. All my endeavors are an effort to get Back Home, from which I've been unfairly displaced. And to get where I know I belong, and I've got to keep finding these Reeces Pieces one at a time, avoid the big scary men who want to study me, and make one very important long distance phone call. Someday, I'll get there.

Word of the Day

My only immediate goal is to prevent this weblog from being somniferous to my readers, an effort which I think I can achieve.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kameron said...

You know, Harry could jump on the "eyes" of the crocodiles also. Much harder, but the only alternative when there are no vines around.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jw said...

I believe you are forgetting the scorpions! They were much harder to deal with than the crocodiles.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

Weren't there snakes, too, as well as scorpions? The scorpions were just so hard to jump over. You had to jump at the precise moment. But I'm pretty sure there were snakes, too. Cobras that didn't actually go anywhere but touching them was death.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jw said...

and there were frogs... and they could kill you.

this guy was a real jerk, now that I think about it. a bat? killed him!? Geez, man.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

I don't think there were frogs in the first Pitfall, maybe in a sequel.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home