Thursday, August 26, 2004

I Never Wanted a Weblog...

...And I'm not yet sure I'll be keeping this one. I guess you could say this is a trial weblog. Let me also point out that I can't stand the word "blog," and will avoid saying it whenever I can. In fact, I only have this weblog right now because:

(1) I wandered onto my friend Josh's
weblog from his site Sidedown.

(2) I tried to make a comment to one of his entries.

(3) I discovered that I couldn't make a comment without registering with the site.

(4) Registering the site meant creating my own weblog.

So here it is. Not sure what to make of it. Should I keep it?

I have a curious ambivalence in regards to weblogs. Honestly, I tend to find them to be presumptous, because they're usually written as though legions of people were reading them, when in fact most likely only two or three friends see them. But then again, some people have weblogs where legions of people are, in fact, reading them.

On the other hand, while I always thought running my own weblog would be unneccesarily pompous, I do like being able to read those belonging to my friends as they allow me to keep up to speed on their goings-on when time doesn't allow for a more regular correspondance. They're less personable than emails or letters, but they're something. So why not?

So, I'll probably try and keep this for a while and see how it goes. I'm going to be busying myself with a bunch of projects in the near and distant future, so this may allow me to organize my own thoughts a little.

Well, that's that. Cheers.


(Edit: I've set it so that you shouldn't have to register to comment. Hopefully, this works.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

I agree. It lets me write a little...IF I actually get to it each day. I'm not sure that I will.

Anyway, all my writer friends have a weblog, so why not me? Everyone *else* is doing it...

Before your coffee...wow, that *is* astonishing.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jw said...

Dude. that's crazy that you have to register to comment.. I had no idea.

Then again, I didn't make my design log for people to comment, just to write for myself.

Do yourself a favor, and don't make this the story of your life. Use it to do something unique, rather than squander it on stories of what you ate for lunch.

Anyhow, I like reading the typical Jeff fare, so I urge you to keep it up. I've found it's really easy to jot out an entry to my log when I'm doing nothing at work.

~Jw

11:00 AM  
Blogger Harley said...

Woohoo!

-The anonymous previously known as Grimbones

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs are passé. Get yourself a MOblog like mine. ;)

~§ue

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kameron said...

Welcome to the bandwagon! Your first post and you got seven comments. You'll have to keep the blog now, or your readers will revolt. ;)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

I have to get used to this place. I can't seem to figure out the comments and the editing/removing of them when there's duplicates.

That said—welcome, Kam! Someone told you about my new little weblog, eh?

9:26 PM  
Blogger Kameron said...

Ed has a link to your website on his blog. I've checked it out every once in a while, and this time saw a new link to Ashland.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now i`ll read your rss

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home