Thursday, September 15, 2005

Avast Ye!

A few comments over in the Commentation Station of Sidedown alerted me to the fact that more than just a tiny handful of people seem to be reading Escapee. That really makes me feel good. Just for the record.

Episode 20 is now up. That's twenty episodes since late April, each episode weekly (and I only skipped one week so far for vacation). Not bad, I think. Each episode seems to average about 400 words, so that's a total now of about 8,000 words. Easiest 8k I ever did, whether it's good or not.

Thanks you all for the well wishes regarding my grandmother. She's in a sort of limbo right now, awaiting her strength to build enough so they can attempt some risky, but necessary, surgery. Facing down the inevitable fact that your grandparents, and your parents, and ultimately your friends will eventually be gone from you isn't easy. As just about anyone can attest.

My latest research and interest now is pirates. Someday it will become more apparent why. First Aztecs, then Mesoamericans in general, then Indonesia...now pirates. Fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jw said...

Darren has just dashed my dreams~Jw

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jeff LaSala said...

It's what Darren does. ;)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home